Internet of Things or better known as IoT has been a revolution in the field of technology. It enabled a lot of our smart devices to connect and work together and make our home a smart home as a result. Industries took to better their products with this technology and the IT sector witnessed a major boom.
If you are not aware of IoT and iot technology, this article will certainly help you to attain more knowledge about this concept so that queries related to it can be effectively clarified:
How Does the Technology Function?
Every IoT system works on a cycle of four components:
- Sensors- they monitor and forward and change in the system or surroundings or any action initiated by the user
- Device connectivity- The sensor sends the data to the cloud (a collection of information) which depends on the connection of the device; internet here in general
- Processing of data- the data is processed with the help of the various analysis from the cloud data and then the system makes a decision depending on that
- User interface- after the processing, the system gives an output
What Kind of Devices Can Be Connected to Iot Technology?
As a general idea, all IoT support systems or devices have sensors but not all devices can be a part of IoT. For example, your computer or laptop have sensors but are not a part of IoT [however, your smart watch can be].
Applications of iot Technology
- Activity trackers
- Smart thermostats
- Connecter cars
- Smart outlets
- Parking sensors
- Smart home
- Smart supply chain
All of these ‘smart’ features are all thanks to IoT. It helps devices and systems to become independent of any human control. This gives them the ability to become self-sufficient. This means that there would be a better control and analysis system.
Advantages of iot Technology
- Technical optimization
- Improved data collection
- Reduce waste
- Improved customer engagement
IoT in all means in the future but there are certain challenges it has to face.
Challenges for IoT
- Privacy issues
- Less testing areas
- Security in a matter of accessibility
With IoT, you don’t have to punch your data all the time in every single device. Just connect them all and they will work in sync to provide better data reports and service.