If you’re like most people, you probably spend your days glued to a screen. Or, that’s how it feels, at least. The reality is that most of us spend about nine hours a day inside. And, if you spend even more time in front of a screen than the average person, then you know how bad it can get.
But, there’s a solution. It’s called re-screening. It involves spending time away from the screen, so you can break out of your routine and reconnect with your natural surroundings. Doing so can not only reduce your anxiety and stress, but also boost your immune system and reduce your risk of depression and other diseases. So, where can you go to get re-screened? The Ocean Commons is a perfect option! Here’s what you need to know about this stress-reducing retreat.
Why Go to The Ocean Commons?
Retreats are meant to relax and restore you. When you go to the ocean, you’re surrounded by the calming and soothing sounds of waves and the waves themselves. You can take a walk along the beach and feel the sand between your toes. You can swim in the ocean and immerse yourself in its power and endlessness. Retreats are meant to help you de-stress and unwind. However, not all places you can go to seek out this tranquility are going to do the trick.
But, the retreat at Ocean Commons is different. The ocean is a place where you can let your guard down and relax. The sounds and smells of the water calm you, while the movement of the waves helps you unwind. Retreats, in general, are meant to help you deal with stress and the everyday hustle. The Ocean Commons is an oasis of calm right by the water.
Benefits of the Ocean Commons Retreat
- Deepen your connection with nature. You’ll feel a sense of calm and serenity when you’re surrounded by nature. You’ll also have the opportunity to reconnect with the Earth and all its blessings.
- Boost your immune system. Research suggests that getting away from technology and connecting with nature has a positive impact on your immune system.
- Improve your sleep. Sleep is so important because it’s when your body repairs and restores itself. Retreats are a great way to get your seven-hour nightly rest.
- Reduce your risk of depression and other diseases. It’s no secret that technology has taken a toll on our mental health. Excess stress and lack of social interaction have the potential to leave you feeling down and depressed. Getting away from technology and connecting with nature can help you reduce your risk of these mental illnesses.
- Reclaim your time. Do you ever feel guilty for not spending enough time with your family and friends? Retreats are a great way to reclaim your time. You’ll get to spend quality time with your loved ones, without being pushed to do anything in particular.
The Ocean Commons is a wonderful choice for anyone looking to get re-screened. It’s a place that you can truly relax, feel connected to nature and recharge your batteries. Whether you’re looking for a place to get away from city life or just want to unwind after a long day, you’ll love The Ocean Commons.